Monday, December 31, 2007
This is really cute. I elfed the kids and they look so cute!
Posted by The Monkeys at 5:11 AM
Friday, December 28, 2007
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Posted by The Monkeys at 10:36 AM
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
I have this dress- it was the one my mom made me out of fabric that was leftover from my bridesmaids' dresses. I call it my going away dress. It is what I put on to leave the reception. Every year I take it out around are anniversary and put it on for that Sunday. Some years I have been pregnant and not able to wear it, but so far there has only been 2 years I wasn't able to wear it when I wasn't pregnant. It is my "this is where you are at dress." This year it was not comfortable at all. I told my husband that it was cutting me in two. Sam looked at me and said, "why didn't you just take it off, then?" Ah, men. They just don't understand. I have to wear that dress for at least the three hours of church. It is the rule! This year we had tithing settlement right after church, though. I was very happy to take it off as soon as we got home! I was not happy with the way our bishop handled a certain situation, so I went straight back to church to talk with him instead of letting it fester all week, but I did not wear the dress! Next year, I hope to report that it was not cutting me in two!
This is the dress I bought on-line. I looked and looked for a decent Christmas dress. I didn't like any of the dresses out there. Mostly they don't have dresses, they just have skirts. I finally broke down and bought a skirt/shirt compo. Of course I had no idea how formal it was. It didn't go all the way to the floor on the model. I am 5'8 and it drags all over the floor on me. The shirt, I thought was a nice velvet. NO way- it is a stretch black with sparkely copper thread all over it. At first I thought it was hideous. But now I like it. It is just a little formal for church. I will probably only get to wear it on Christmas and then never get to wear it again until I have a formal. Luckily, in the army there are usually plenty of formals. Just not here in D.C. Which seems really odd to me! I decided that I would look at it this way- for $60 I got a formal and a Christmas dress. Now if I can just find a dress I like!
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Ok, a couple of people have tagged me and so I thought I had better write one, finally. You are suppose to write 5 things about yourself- I think. So here goes:
1. I hate to shop. Always have! I love getting new things, but going and looking at things and fighting the crowds and not finding what I want over and over and lines, etc. etc.- not my idea of fun! My mom used to take me shopping for fun until I finally told her that it gave me a headache. Now with the kids it is even worse, but I don't enjoy it even without the kids.
2. I love men in uniforms. I guess that is obvious from my choice of a husband. It started with football uniforms and by the way, I still like guys in football uniforms. Then it turned to military uniforms. Almost any guy looks good in a military uniform!
3. I am a typical Mormon mom in that I feel guilty at all times. If I am cleaning the house, I feel guilty that I am not playing with my kids. If I am playing with my kids, the whole time I am feeling guilty about not doing my ironing. If I am writing a blog, I am feeling really guilty that I haven't run yet today! Got to go do that soon!
4. I eat way too much junk food. All that running and my really good metabolism (thanks Grandma and Dad!) are the only things keeping me from gaining some serious weight.
5. I loved growing up like a military brat. My dad wasn't actually military, but it takes too much time to explain, so I always call myself a military brat. I loved the moving and getting to meet new people and see new things. I loved living in Germany and getting to travel. I really get itchy to move after 3 years, still. I want to move, right now, but there's no chance of that- stupid housing market. Maybe it is good for me to learn to stay put for a while, though!
Ok, that was 5 things about me. Now you are suppose to do the same thing ;)
Posted by The Monkeys at 5:45 AM
Monday, December 10, 2007
This is a fun Christmas song to enjoy and get you ready for Christmas!
Posted by The Monkeys at 11:56 AM
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Happy St. Nicholas Day, all! St. Nicholas is a European thing. We still celebrate it in our family, because it was tradition in my family since we grew up in Germany. He comes on the night of the 5th of December and puts little treats and toys in your shoes that you have left out for him. Ours nicely coincided with our first snow day. I was not quite ready for this. We have only had about 2 weeks of jacket weather (50-60's), then all the sudden the last 2 days have gotten really cold and then it snowed last night. All the schools around us, both north and south are opening 2 hours late, but not ours- no they decided to close for the entire day. Bunch of wimps! The roads are completely dry, now and there is only a skiff of snow on the grass. It looks like spring in Idaho.
Monday, December 3, 2007
Posted by The Monkeys at 4:48 AM