Thursday, December 6, 2007

Happy St. Nicholas Day!

Happy St. Nicholas Day, all! St. Nicholas is a European thing. We still celebrate it in our family, because it was tradition in my family since we grew up in Germany. He comes on the night of the 5th of December and puts little treats and toys in your shoes that you have left out for him. Ours nicely coincided with our first snow day. I was not quite ready for this. We have only had about 2 weeks of jacket weather (50-60's), then all the sudden the last 2 days have gotten really cold and then it snowed last night. All the schools around us, both north and south are opening 2 hours late, but not ours- no they decided to close for the entire day. Bunch of wimps! The roads are completely dry, now and there is only a skiff of snow on the grass. It looks like spring in Idaho.



I drove in the snow to Alexandria to my card club and had a nice night out. I was a little worried about the snow coming down so hard, though, so I left early. By then it had actually gotten better and I drove home without any problems. But since I had worked the night before and hadn't gotten any rest (I had to make 10 cards for goddness sake!) I was tired and St. Nicholas still had to come, so it was a good thing I left early. My cards turned out pretty well considering. Rob even fainted when he saw how beautiful they were. He said he had been practicing for it all day. I don't seems to have time to get everything done this year, so I am not making my cards for Christmas this year. I have about 4 of the homemade ones that I can give out, so the first couple of people to respond can have one for Christmas. You better hurry, though, because I am sending out Christmas cards in a couple of days at the latest!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want one - I wand one!!

The Monkeys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Monkeys said...

You are pretty cute!

Anonymous said...

We enjoy your poetry and stories whether they come in homemade cards or not.

My new motto - mean people suck and life is too short to spend time around them.

Love Maria and all