Wednesday, July 2, 2008

SP(W)T- My "Sun"shine Son



This is a picture of my son and I playing in the North Carolina Sun. Sun was the word for this weeks SPT. My son just had his 9th birthday,so I thought it was an appropriate picture for the Sun title.
He is a wonderful boy. He makes life easy on me. He can entertain himself, loves to read and learn at school. I go over his homework with him every night, because that is what good mom's do, but I don't ever really need to. He has perfect grades and loves to learn and try new things. He is polite and always worried about others feelings. He has always been protective of his younger brothers. I remember when Joseph was just 1 and Sam was 4, I found them in the bathroom and Sam was leading him around the tub which was filled still with the remnants of that morning's bubble bath. He had a sword and a shield and he was protecting him from the yucky bubble monster. Later that day, I took them with me shopping. I went around a low aisle to see what was on the other side. All the sudden, I hear, "Mom, don't forget the King, " and here comes Sam pulling the cart with Joseph inside. I told him that he must be the Knight in Shinning Armor who was protecting the King. Some girl will be very lucky to get my Knight in Shinning Armor when he grows up, but until then, I think I will enjoy him a little longer!

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

OHHHH... Another "Sun"shine post. I LOVE it. Thanks for stopping by, and your sweet comments. Annelise is spelled exactly how it is spelled in Switzerland. So, your sis could say that is the Swiss-German way. Hehe... again, enjoyed your "Sun" post!

Have a great day in D.C.

Jeanette said...

What a touching tribute to your son. He sounds like a wonderful boy.

Unknown said...

happy birthday to your sunshine boy! hope it was a wonderful vaca in the OBX. the weather has actually been quite pleasant here.

Sarah said...

He sounds like such a great boy. Happy Birthday to him!

Bren's Life said...

How fun to go to the beach.. I hope your son had a great b-day.. That was so sweet...

Courtney said...

oh, sweet post! great play on words for this week's spt!