Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Newly Wed Game

Rob and I were invited to a pre-Halloween party last week and there we played the Newly Wed Game. This is a game that will get you into trouble! The guy whose wife owned the game answered the questions in such a way that he would not get into trouble. Unfortunately, she realized this and then got mad at him for not playing the game right. One of the questions was "I don't know where she gets _______, it looks like it comes from _________." He put in there "I don't know where she gets her good looks, they look like they come from a good looks store." It still makes me laugh. Rob was really sweet. I answered that he put in there that he didn't know where I got my teeth from, because they looked like they came from a beaver. He chastised me for saying something like that and said he would never say anything like that about me. And he is right- he never would. He is always very complimentary and I know he loves me and thinks I am pretty. He had put that he didn't know where I got my long beautiful legs from they looked like they should be on a model. Everyone oohed and aahed, but I thought, "if you were a girl and took that wrong, you would say, the rest of me must not look so hot, if he doesn't know where I got the legs from!" I tried not to think that way, though. Another question was about what you feel they put too much emphasis on and what they don't put enough on. We have already discussed that- see my first post. So we got that one right. He thinks I put too much emphasis on my hobbies and not enough on Rob time! Unfortunately, one husband didn't know how to stay out of trouble and put that she didn't put enough emphasis on the laundry! Woops, I think he was on the couch that night. Another one was what they do to annoy you on purpose. One friend said it was not letting things go, but her husband had put down that she talked to him while he was watching sports. I asked him the next day while we were running how the rest of his night went and he said that he was up until 1:30 am, not letting things go! For one of mine it said something like "His _______ doesn't match his _________" Rob thought I put in his ears don't match his head, but I put in that his height didn't match his stature. We had a few couples mad at us after that one, for being so nice to each other. I don't know, I think we played the Newly Wed game just right, even though we didn't win. I guess that's because we aren't newly weds! How would you do on a game of Newly Weds?

0 comments: