Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween Fun

We forgot to carve our pumpkins until the day of Halloween, so after I picked the kids up from school we were rushing to get everything done. We carved 3 pumpkins and made a batch of spider cupcakes. Ok, the kids look like they are very industrious here, but after the photo-op they all scattered and Mom carved 3 pumpkins and made a batch of spider cupcakes.








Notice how well Maxwell is coloring a face for me to carve? He did such a good job. This is what they all ended up looking like.
I don't think they turned out too bad, considering- especially Max's. Of course they are nothing like these pumpkins. These are too cool!
After we carved our pumpkins and made our cupcakes, we headed to a friend's home, to trick-or-treat in her neighborhood. I felt like it would be nice to have another set of eyes out there, since Rob was gone. Look how nice they all look!
We had to take the head down from Max, because it kept falling over his eyes. He ran straight into a car once. At the very start of the night, Emma cut across a patch of grass and got clotheslined. There was a tree staked out and she caught the rope on her neck. It totally flipped her on her back and she hit her head on the bricks that lined the tree area. I thought for sure we were going to the ER, instead of trick-or-treating. Luckily, no skin was broken, but she has a nasty line on her neck. They ended up going for so long, that all my kids and some of the other families kids were tired. The Gardners just kept going, though. They are trick-or-treating fools. One guy opened his door and apologized for not knowing about Halloween. I think he was from India. We were just going to say, "no problem" and leave, but he said, "wait, wait" and brought us back a bunch of oranges and lemons. I wasn't above taking fruit. Give me fruit anytime! I forgot to take a picture of me. I was dressed up like a belly dancer. Tasha Brown asked where I got such a cute costum. When I told her I made it, she was amazed. For what? I used to belly dance- used to is definitely the operative word. Maybe again, one day.
Tonight, the YM in our ward are sponsoring a trunk-or-treat. Yeah, double candy! That's just what Mom needs- because you know who eats the majority of this, right?
How was your Halloween?

0 comments: