Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Monkey Parade

For Easter we got some little figurines from our Aunt Maria. There was Captain Moroni, Samuel the Lamanite and a Stripling Warrior. Samuel the Lamanite obviously went to Samuel. Then Max chose Captain Moroni and Joseph got the Stripling Warrior. Robert decided to tell Joseph about the Stripling warriors, how they fought and were faithful and how they listened to their mothers and believe in Jesus. Robert ended with "and none of them got killed. They all lived." Joseph turned to Sam and said, "Let's fight, and I'm going to win, because I can't die!"
Yesterday while we were reading the scriptures, we were reading about Captain Moroni and how he used a decoy to get the Lamanites to come out of their fort. Sam asked "What's a decoy?" So Dad showed him, by shaking a hand in front of his face and when he looked at it, he smacked him upside the head with his other hand- just softly. Of course Joseph thought this was great fun and proceeded to to shake his hand in front of Sam, also. We tried to explain that a decoy only works once. Sam finally got tired of a hand shaking in front of his face, so he reached up to bat Joseph's hand away. That's when Joseph wacked him upside the head with his other hand. Woosh went Sam's head and off went the glasses, across the room. Scripture time is an adventurous at our house!
Emma went in to the hospital lab and the microbiologist gave her a gown and helped her gram stain her bugs we had grown from the shopping carts we swabbed and helped her look at them through a microscope and write down what they were.She got some great pictures and we found out that Wal-mart and Costco had the worst bugs! Most of it was non-pathogenic, though!
Rob got a phone call on my cell phone while I was at work.I came home and told him what it said. It was a request for us to meet with the stake president on Sunday. Of course Rob didn't sleep the rest of the night. He was just called to be Elder's quorum president a year ago. He has had a few problems- if you missed the disappearing post, so sorry, but I won't drag that up again, but he felt like things had settled down, things were starting to go good and that now he could really get to work. We are hoping it is just a PPI, but we don't think that is possible since I am suppose to come, too. I really hope for his sake it is not some non descript stake calling. Let's face it. The stake doesn't do a whole lot. I remember a few years ago that I finally got called into the Young Women's and I was so excited. I got to teach my beehives for 2 months before they released me and called me to be a stake missionary. They wouldn't let me do anything (because we had no sister missionaries in the area) except teach a few new member discussions and teach Gospel Essentials every once in awhile. It was awful and I hated the whole 2 years of it. I have never been called back into Young Women's. I have a feeling that Rob will feel the same way if he is called to a stake calling. We are very nervous. Rob tried to "G2 it"- as he calls it- meaning get intelligence, since the G2 is the intelligence division in the Army. His best friend and first counselor in the Elder's quorum just laughed at him when he told him and our friend in the bishopbric denied any knowledge. It's the things that make you go hmmm....

Sam wanted to know the other day how you get "those diseases" that you pass from girl to boy. I explained that everyone shares, just like a cold and that if he only made love to one girl, his wife, he wouldn't have to worry about it. Of course then he was very nervous. "what if I like one girl and then I decide I don't like her anymore? Can I like another one?" "yes," said Dad, "that's called dating! Your mom dated hundreds of guys." Then we had to have a discussion of how many guys mom actually dated and how Dad dated far more! Mom decided to cut that discussion short before Dad proceed to share with us every name and discription of every girl he had dated!

Sam has been experimenting again. He loves to do experiments. He decided to to the vinegar, baking soda and balloon experiment this day. I got him a build-your-own-solar-car for Easter. He read the whole book and finally started to put it together, but kept screaming for us, because the book said he had to have adult supervision.Rob sat down with him finally and helped him finish it. Unfortunately, it hasn't been sunny enough, yet to run it.

Bringing up the rear of the monkey parade is Max and Mom. We don't have anything special to report, but just wait...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am waiting for a phone conference to begin; therefore, I had to check in. You made me laugh the whole way through your blog.

Natalie C. said...

Wow! Lots of drama & action & stuff going on at the Kress'. :) What is that photo of Joseph with "stoically, burrito," etc.?

Anonymous said...

Is this Emma's science project, the germ thing? Grandpa wants to know if the stores knew you were "swabbing" their carts and if they knew they were being tested for germs. Whatever is the visit with the stake president leading too this is an exciting mystery. The stake does nothing? True sometime you solve a ward problem by "releasing them to the stake. stake calling often are busy in a different way , more teaching and supporting less roughing people up (sorry Rob) mom

Bren's Life said...

Has your husband slept yet? I hate phone calls like that. I tell them I won't come in until they tell me if it's for me or my husband. Because if it's for me- I'm starting the habit of smoking right now!! (Total Joke) I just hate the anticipation & worry of can I do it, they better not ask me to speak in Stake Conf. something like that...
I think it is absolutely wonderful that your husband serves in the military & also serves the Lord & his family & you can handle all that stress.. Wow- you must be a strong woman.