Tuesday, March 4, 2008

What did you do with your Extra Day?

I was just thinking in my car on Leap day as I was going to pick my kids up from school, "you had a whole extra day this year. What did you do with it?" I was disappointed to tell myself that I only scheduled and got ready for a party. I didn't help anyone in need ,cheer up the sad, or make someone feel glad, today. But then I heard on the radio the announcer talking about how it was an extra day of work stuck in there that you didn't get paid for and how terrible that was. I hadn't even thought that people might be in a funk because of that. I guess, because I don't get paid for my real job (mom) and my other job (RN) is paid hourly. So how was your Leap day? Were you bogged down by the thought of not getting paid for an extra day of work? Did you get paid any other way? I got paid by having a great time with family and friends. We had a pancake breakfast together, then played volleyball, pin the crown on the frog prince, red light, green light and had a cake walk. I made these frog and fly cupcakes and these party favors. It was a great way to celebrate a whole extra day. I would have liked to write that I lightened somebodies load, but maybe a little celebration is what some of them needed, to help get them out of the funk of working an extra day and remember to celebrate the fact that they got a whole extra day this year in which to better themselves!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was the an extra day? As I get paid by the day I made an extra days wage Good for me? Do you do a party for everything? Mom