Monday, March 31, 2008

You Can Stand Under my Umbrella

So kind of an extra hard weekend.
I have been meaning to post this for a while, but never have. I think after this weekend, I need it, though.
When I was young, I had a friend named Marion- she was German. One year, I think for Christmas, she drew this picture for me that had a poem that went with it. The poem is in German and I don't know much German anymore, but it basically says, " Have sun in your heart whether it's storming or snowing, whether the heavens are full of something and the earth is full of strife. Have sun in your heart and then come what may, it will light you on the darkest day.

I heard Rhianna's Umbrella song and I thought about this drawing. I know the song is a love song, and some say worse than that, but I always think of it as friends, especially with the chorus:

When the sun shines We’ll shine together
Told you I'll be here forever
Said I'll always be your friend
Took an oath

I'mma stick it out 'till the end
Now that it's raining more than ever
Know that we still have each other
You can stand under my Umbrella
You can stand under my Umbrella
At it's most innocent meaning it is a wonderful song about friendship and those that help their friends in tough times. So I am going to send myself a little Umbrella and I'm going to send one out to my husband, because he can always stand under my Umbrella!

1 comments:

Natalie C. said...

wolken=clouds

I'm sorry your weekend was a bummer! That's such a beautiful little drawing & thought. I hope things get better! :)