Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's day to all the mother's out there! My mother was the best. She read to me and made me yummy bread and came to my competitions. The most important thing she did for me, though, was talk to me. I don't know if it was the way she interacted with her or just my own personality, but I couldn't stop feeling hyper until I told my mother everything. There were a few make out sessions, I never told her about, but I think she probably knew. Everything else, I told her. I don't know how she made it through 7 teenagers and some ungrateful ones at that, but she did a pretty good job.
I am a selfish person and so sometimes mothering is hard for me. I have to admit, even with the selfishness, these kids are so darn cute and so funny, that it makes it a lot easier to be their mom.
For Mother's day, they made me breakfast- never in bed. We don't like crumbs in our bed. Rob made pancakes and syrup (yes, he actually made the syrup, after I told him how and found the ingredients for him!) and eggs and peppermint tea (from Emma's class- it had a cute poem attached to it. Emma said she chose peppermint, because it was the only one she saw that she knew I could drink. Good girl to be wary of tea!) Rob also made Roast and potatoes and gravy for dinner. We had some friends over and really enjoyed our afternoon. Some more friends came over and helped Rob build a new shelving unit I had bought at Ikea and screw in the hooks for the chore boards. They were two honey-do's he hadn't done for a while.
Sharing time went really well. I did a modification of the Newly Wed game. We played the Mom and Child Game. I asked several mom's to come in and had them write down answers to questions about their child and then had the children answer and see if they matched. I also switched and had the children tell answers about their Mom's. The kids loved it. I found the idea on Sugardoodles.
I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's day as well!

2 comments:

Natalie C. said...

Great idea for sharing time! All your pictures in the blue are so beautiful!! Love them! They show a lot of personality which is perfect.

Anonymous said...

do you still tell your momma everything? or is that Rob's job now. I do know that when you call and make small talk that if I wait it out you will finally actually say what you really are concerned about. Love the pictures Now we need a pithy title to go underneath. Love you Mom