Sunday, November 4, 2007

Feeling at Peace- sort of!

Friday we went to the cannery to buy a bunch of wheat and some other stuff. I have to tell you why. A few month ago my mother-in-law told me of a friend of a friend who said that in their conference they had one of the apostles who had opened the floor to question and answer period say to a question about why the bretheren didn't talk on food storage in the last conference "that the time of warning was over." This was a little scary, but I always wonder about those friend of a friend comments, so I kind of blew it off. About a week ago I had a very vivid dream in which a lady was showing me this time-line for the second coming (it was actually quite long.) I asked how she could know any of this, since no one knew when the Lord would be coming again. She said she had just made the timeline from the prophecies that had already been given. She said that the important thing that she wanted to tell me was that we had only 5 years of relatively good weather left, before we had 5 years of severe drought. I woke up very nervous and thinking that I had to get more water storage, but also more food, since a drought would affect food, also. I told the running group the next day. I was really freaked out! Still I didn't do much. Then Wednesday I got an e-mail message from Natalie C. from my last ward- I am still on their ward list to receive e-mails. She was sending out a message that because of drought conditions the price of wheat was going up a few cents and that it was expected to double in the next little while. Well that was enough for me. I don't have to be told 4 times! We headed up to Maryland on Friday and had a great time with the two little boys canning lots of food. Aren't they such helpers?
I did find out that we only got enough for an adult and maybe one child- but that's better than nothing! Now with a laundry room full of good food, I feel at peace- sort of!

1 comments:

Thayne6 said...

Hi Debbie,
I've been checking out your blog and it's great. Have you checked out mine? www.thayne6.blogspot.com

Jamie