Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Soccer Mom's

Soccer season is done with- Yeah! We made it through another one without death or exhaustion setting in. Sam getting his award from Coach Dad
Both Emma's and Sam's/Rob's teams did well. Emma and Sam both missed their last games, because they came with us to the marathon. More to come on that.

The other day someone was saying something a little derogatory about just being a mom and running kids all over. I then had to go into a tirade, as this is one of my pet peeves. When did it become a bad thing to be a soccer mom? When did it become a bad thing to take a keen interest in your child's life and their future. When did it become a bad thing to support your child in what they loved and were good at, sometimes to the sacrifice of a few of things you enjoy? Then I ended by telling her that I was a soccer mom and was darn proud of it! In fact if I could, I would own a minivan. That was a suprise to a few people in the room. Let's face it though, I live near D.C. so the only reason I would need an SUV is to pollute the earth. I have 4 kids, who fight when they are next to each other and 2 carseats. I need some storage space, especially since we like to travel. I would love something that got good gas mileage, but that is out of the question with the other prerequisites. So I am down to just a few options- the best ,of which I know, is the minivan. What are your thoughts on soccer mom's? What are your pet peeves?

0 comments: