Sunday, November 18, 2007

Our Marathon


Here it is, finally. Ok, it took me two whole days to get it back on- a little lesson in don't delete something, before you have the new one uploaded.

A little note about the music. The Whitney Houston song is obvious, but the first one by Bon Jovi you might not understand. One of the people we trained with said that when he was training for a different marathon, the guy he ran with would bring a big boom box and play music as they ran. So, one day we decided to bring our little clock radio and put it on the bike with our support team- Scott. He wasn't very appreciative of our music choices and as soon as the song (you want to) Make a Memory played, it somehow stopped working. We heard the song several times early in the morning as we drove to the school parking lot where we started all our training runs. Then, the day of the marathon our alarm went off with that song, (you want to ) Make a Memory, playing. We were, of course, already awake, so we didn't exactly get woken up to the song, but it did become from then on out The Marathon Song! And making a memory is exactly what we did. The days and months of training and the final run of the marathon were an amazing experience both physically and socially. We will always remember it with fondness and are ready to do another one! Yes, amazingly enough, running a marathon is a lot like having a baby- you forget all about the pain and only remember the amazing feeling. Rob couldn't convince me that I would, at first, because that was pretty good pain and exhaustion, but it has happened. Marine Corp Marathon here we come!

P.S. For all you non running type, the nipple was bleeding after being rubbed by the shirt for 12 miles in the rain. That's why it is smart to tape those puppies up! There is also one more part you can't read, but I am not doing this uploading thing again, so it said, " a complete team, all in under 4 hours and 30 minutes, even the sick and hurt ones. That's amazing!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Bon Jovi

I am glad Rob explained how to comment on the blogs - I was blogging impaired.

Can't you save this video and keep it up for others to see? Just a blog question.

Love Maria

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Way to blog Sis! Good to hear from you. By the way, Deb has this on our computer and can send an email with it to you. She will also keep it on the side bar for the next little while.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I doubt, we'll ever make our own blog, but reading yours is fun and I am in the middle of watching the marathon movie now, but while it was buffering I thougt I would write a note.

Cool Music, cool Pictures,

who was situated to take these pictures?

I have an associate that ran the Logan, Ut marathon in 3:20 and my Partner ran the Pocatello Marathan in 3:58 and he's 56'ish. Both this summer.

I am thinking about attempting the half mile one of these days

Love you guys

David

Anonymous said...

If I remember right that was our 18 mile run and Scott Williams, Jody's husband, who road a bike behind us most mornings set up water stations for us on that day. He snapped most of those photographs. And then most of the race pictures are from the Richmond marathon web site. Your partner's times are great. My best so far is a 4:01, that was the Austin marathon - a fairly flat marathon. This Richmond marathon had a few big hills on it. By the way, I am built for the fight that comes after the marathon not the run, and I have to keep my energy up to wrestle with the children, because I never get a day off from that, but I guess I like it like that.

rob

Anonymous said...

Does Rob mean that this beautiful film and music will go away. I hope not. I admire the accomplishment but envy the joy you must have felt. I'll never run a marathon, I don't even run, but i hope to finish my race well. Love you, Idaho Mom

Anonymous said...

All right it is a goal-

David and I will go the "half mile" and mom can take pictures of us.

Anonymous said...

I am going to show the marathon video to Greg. We just watched one of our 20 Christmas videos. We are Christmas nuts - but I still haven't printed a single picture since I got a digital camera. AND i most certainly am not ambitious enough to begin a BLOG- you rock Deb.