Friday, November 9, 2007

Marathon and books

I just finished the book "Amazing Grace". It is a biography of William Wilburforce. I had heard of him before, but didn't know what he was known for. I just associated him with a little man trying to move a mountain. He was one of the main people involved in stopping the slave trade. It was an amazing book- A little dry at times, like all biographies are, but I was so glad that I am involved in a book club that forces me to read this kind of stuff. I would never do it on my own. It is so humbling to see how many great men's shoulders we stand upon. I recommend the book- I haven't seen the movie, but it might be a good alternative to you less motivated lot- like me.
The Marathon is tomorrow and for any of you that are interested you can check out our progress along the route at this website. It has splits in real time (I believe.) Unfortunately, half or more of our team is not feeling well. Rob has been having a lot of stomach problems since he got back from the Ukraine. He went in and they gave him a Sulfa antibiotic. Now he is really dizzy and nauseated. I took his blood pressure yesterday, because I was afraid he may be getting septic, but it was normal. One of the other guys got sick about two days ago and says if he still feels this bad tonight, he won't be running. Wish us all luck. We have been training hard and really wanted to run as a team.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.