Friday, November 30, 2007

The Christmas Letter


It's that time of year: The annual writing of the Christmas letter. I love Christmas letters- all kinds. I heard once that there were three types of Christmas letters: the boring, the very braggy, and the occasional fun one. I love to get any kind at all. What I hate worse than anything, is a card with a signature. Well, that tells me that you still have me in your contacts list, that your still alive and that I'm worth 1 forever stamp to you. (I write this because I have no idea how much I really pay for postage anymore- is it 42 cents?) I'm sorry, that's not enough for me- Ok, 42 cents is enough for me, I'm talking about the signed Christmas cards, you jokers. I like the ones with a picture a little bit more, but that just brings up more questions really. So, my favorite are the kind of cards that come with letters. I try my best to make mine fun every year. I am not a fountain of excellently creative ideas, however; so this year I went on the web and looked up ideas. There isn't really a bounty of ideas out there for writing fun Christmas letters. I came up with an idea, as always, despite my stressing out about not coming up with anything every year. I think my most creative letter was the one where I imbedded a carol into the letter. It was "O Come all ye Faithful". Besides the words like "ye" that we don't use anymore being in the letter, I also highlighted and increased the font on those portions, but I believe some people still didn't get it. I would love to come up with something like that, again. It was like a little mystery inside a letter. I am not the clue master, though. Now's your turn. For all you techniguely challenged type, click on the orange thing at the bottom of this entry that says comments and you can write and tell me what are some of the funnest letters you have ever given or received.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it when my beautiful wife writes our letter and I just get to enjoy it. By the way, She is the very best wife, and all of her letters are great!!

Thayne6 said...

Debbie,
All of your letters are great! My favorite was the ABC's! I can't wait for this year's!

Jamie

Anonymous said...

I've kept all you've ever sent and have a few of the ones i sent out when i was a real mother. I'm concerned that i don't get one this year cause i'm just learning how to respond to a blog. Am i too late for one of the four. What you're doing is above and beyond anything i've even dreamt! ID Mom