Friday, March 27, 2009

25 Things

At 100 posts, I did a 100 list about our family. I have now past 200 post and thought I would add a little to the list. This was suggested by a friend who was surprised to learn one of my answers to a recent questionnaire that we did for Relief Society.

1. If you could do anything and be certain to succeed what would it be. I put- be a professional dancer. I am what I will call a closet dancer. I love, love to dance, but I don't have the confidence to do it in front of people. And as you know, most of what we call good dancing is moving with confidence! I grew up doing ballet- mostly for gymnastics- but still I enjoyed it. I also did...
2. Belly dancing for about a year and a half. Most of the dancing I do in my bedroom/closet now is belly-type dancing. I had much better abs then. I guess I need to increase the amount of bedroom/closet dancing I am doing!
3. I have very little self-control when it comes to food.
4. I am pretty good at exercising, though- thankfully.
5. Piles of stuff annoy me. But I can hide it for awhile, before I absolutely go nuts and have to put it away.
6. Dusting is my number one most hated chore.
7. I was known as no toes in gymnastics, because I frequently did not point my toes in my moves.
8. The first time I tore the ligaments in my ankle, I was pointing my toe and landed on the top of the foot.
9. Dream vacation: Greek Isles
10. Favorite drink: water, followed by raspberry or strawberry lemonade, followed by root beer.
11. I tend to flit from thing to thing and so don't accomplish much.
12. I still don't know how to apply make-up. My mom didn't wear much and I don't know if she knows much about it. The first time I really wore any was for my wedding and I put it on myself.
13. The only way I have learned how to do anything with my hair is trial and error. My mom has stick straight hair and didn't know what to do with curls after I got out of the ringlet stage. She did know how to make some mean spit ringlets, though.
14. I learned to french braid hair from a book and practiced on my sister.
15. I never wanted to be a nurse growing up- that was way too girly of a profession. I, of course, took the least girly part of nursing in the Emergency Department.
16. My first major was Sports medicine. I had thought about Physical Therapy, but decided I couldn't hurt old people and kids, so I opted for the athletes that could handle it.
17. I have been surprised attack kissed twice in my life. One guy got told off. The other I just ran away from.
18. I almost stopped breathing both times I tried an epidural.
19. Because of this and other excessive reactions to medication, I had my wisdom teeth pulled out with just a local. I was regretting that choice by the end.
20. I can't sing worth a darn, but wish I could. I used to pretend I was the next Shirley Temple.
21. Sometimes I still talk in my head like I am being interviewed by the press.
22. The girl's name I wanted for my daughter since I was little was Anja Marie. Anja (said with a y sound for the j) is Finish for Anna. It was one of my piano teacher's names and I thought it was very pretty. Rob's family ruined it though when they said she would get teased all the time by people saying, "hey can I get Anja?"
23. I loved the name Seth for a boy, but with our last name it sounds like you have a lisp when you say it.
24. Brigham Young believed in 8 hours of sleep, 8 hours of work and 8 hours of play. I agree completely. I am using up some of those hours of play right now, because I have to work tonight for 8 hours. I guess I better go play with the iron and the washing machine too!
25. If I wasn't so afraid that lasers would give me cancer I would totally go in for the permanent hair removal thing! Changing a body that much permanently can't be good, though.
So there you go, now you know, I am a flighty, tom boy who is cancer phobic, but who would love to be a professional dancer!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to know who you are. and we love you just the way you are. Mom

Anonymous said...

you must not like robs family

Anonymous said...

Bad edit attempt was followed by a send - but it didn't show as a posted comment- so I thought I was messing up again as usual.

Message should have read-

You must not like that Rob's family ruined your favorite name - Maria (rob's sister)

I remember that conversation -sorry

gretchen said...

I really like Anja. I know what you mean, though, sometimes when I share name ideas with people I get the same kind of feedback and it just ruins it for me.