Monday, January 28, 2008

Tales from the Nurses Station



The other day when I was at work the doctor I was talking with asked me a couple of times which medicine I wanted to give a certain patient. Once it was "do you want to give phenergan or reglan." I promplty said, "whichever." For another patient I asked him how he wanted me to mix the GI cocktail he had order. He said, "what do you want to put in it, donnatal or benytl?" I told him that I didn't care. One of the other doctors that was sitting there, stopped me as I went to get the medicine and said, "And Deb, next time I want you to care!" I said, "but I really don't. Whatever you want to order, I will give it." They thought this was great and were thinking up all kinds of anythings they could order. Of course there is one thing I do care about- No digital disimpactions of stool for me- I don't get paid enough for that! And yes, I have told them that!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that there are limits for every profession. I will not change the diaper of anyone over five no matter how handicap. Especially teen-age boys. You do not pay me enough for that job either. I understand completely.